During the past 46 years, Jim Oedy has shown a gift for building successful new businesses, ministries and people, and nurturing teams that insure long-term success. He counts his personal prayer time and Bible studies as his favorite endeavors. Jim's life focus is being a servant leader as the Lord leads him.
- Married to Cheryl since 1978, they have three married daughters and eleven delightful grandchildren.
- Founder and music leader of 15 member Side by Side band since 1980, which ministers to nursing and retirement centers throughout Northwest Ohio. Jim has also written and published more than 50 songs.
- Built and successfully operated Parkview Care Center, Parkside Manor Assisted Living and Bethany Place Retirement Center in Fremont in the eighties and nineties.
- Received a Bachelor Degree in Education from the University of Toledo in 1970 and was a high school teacher and sports coach for many years. He has also played in praise bands and served as president of several youth, health care organizations, and New Hope Foundation.
- Founder and president of YES FM Christian Hit Radio Network since 1992 with four stations in Toledo, Wauseon, Fremont and Lima. He also owned and operated the YES Christian Superstores and the Solid Rock Cafe in the 1990s.
- Founded Genesis Village in 2012, he is currently the co-owner/President of Genesis Village and operates the 170,000 square foot amenity rich independent senior community.
Dr. Nathan Hill
Co-Owner/Vice President of Project Development
Dr. Nathan Hill is successful in several areas of medicine with business experience in accounting, financial management, real estate, and venture capital. His excellent record of building new enterprises and delivering exceptional care and support to his patients will serve Genesis Village residents as well. His life goal is to have Jesus tell him, "Well done, my good and faithful servant." Nathan's belief and trust in Jesus has been a source of great encouragement and freedom.
- Married to Jennifer since 1996, they are blessed with a daughter and a son.
- Graduated from the University of Toledo in 1995 and the Medical College of Ohio in 1999.
- A licensed physician who specializes in work related injuries, behavioral pain management, and pain services in skilled nursing facilities.
- Engaged with Catholic Health Partners, Pain Care of Northwest Ohio, and Rehab Consultations, and Medical Director at CeutiCare, which delivers medication therapy through software-based algorithms.
- Co-Owner/Vice President of Project Development at Genesis Village which includes raising capital for future development.
Director of Marketing & Business Development
Besides her 17 years in management and marketing roles, Michelle has 3 boys and has spent most of her life interacting at senior communities with her family. Her dedication to our residents’ well-being is her priority.
Director of Operations
Celia grew up in the Toledo area and has an associate degree in Biology. She has many years of management and customer service experience, including the Cherry Street Mission. She has 2 children and a passion for Seniors and serving the needs of others.
Front Desk Supervisor
Beth has worked with Seniors and their families since 2007. She has 4 kids and 7 grandkids that she spends most of her time with!
Director of Food Services Operations
Dan is a BGSU graduate with over 10 years of managerial and cooking experience. He has a love for food and serving people. Dan gives residents the assurance that their dining experience will be savored.
Using his 20+ years of culinary and banquet experience, Mike strives to produce delicious homestyle meals for our lunch and dinner buffets. Prior to developing his culinary career, Mike served with honor in the U.S. Air Force.
Carleen is passionate about working with older adults in the senior housing industry. For the last 15 years she’s helped many seniors continue to “live life to the fullest” and find a new place to call home. Carleen lives in Monclova with her husband Kyle.
Life Enrichment Manager
Kate has a Visual Communications degree from BGSU and is an active member of Westgate Chapel and their Worship Arts Ministry. She and her family are continually blessed by residents and staff at Genesis.
Aaron has worked in construction trades for the last 19 years and has 10 years of experience in the maintenance field. Originally from Western Canada, he now makes Maumee his home with his wife, 3 sons and daughter.
A UT graduate with 28 years healthcare experience, and 17 of those years working with the Senior Community, her passion is serving older adults and spending time with her family. Kim is married with two boys and lives in Sylvania
Randy Bayer is a Central Catholic and University of Toledo graduate and has been in the restaurant industry for over 30 years. His passion is making people happy by creating or recreating everyone’s favorite foods. He is married and has twins–both a boy and a girl.
Deb has been in management and administrative roles for the past 25 plus years. One of her gifts is providing great customer service and caring deeply about people and their passions. She is married with 3 sons and 6 grandchildren.